NOTE: This position is a joint venture between HelloWorld and our parent company Merkle Inc. working within our Loyalty Solutions Group. The position can be located onsite in our Metro Detroit Based office, or could work remotely.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Business Solutions Analyst on our Implementation team is the key liaison between high profile clients and internal teams. This is an extremely visible position, as the Business Solutions Analyst drives requirements at multiple levels of detail for the integration and launch of our SAAS-based loyalty marketing platform. The Business Solutions Analyst should have a strong attention to detail, as they are entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
- Interface with the client, third-party vendors, and multi-disciplinary teams within Merkle’s Promotions and Loyalty team (Developers, Project Managers, Solutions Architects, Customer Success, C-level executives) to support the solution delivery process.
- Lead solution discovery sessions with the client stakeholders and subject matter experts as a means to illicit solution requirements, both business and functional.
- Synthesize complex and sometimes contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail.
- Take primary ownership for written requirements specifications (Business and Functional), from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery.
- Profile and understand various client data (e.g. Customer records, Transaction records, Web Activity records) as it relates to stated requirements and solution design.
- Provide input to Project Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs.
- Serve as the functional point of contact for the solution during Design and Development, working through data and design questions/issues as they arise.
- Work closely with the QA discipline to define and execute a test plan, which will include internal and User Acceptance Testing.
- Lead the delivery of the system into production by designing and supporting the formal client acceptance process, according to Merkle's defined standards.
- Maintaining the solution in production, working with end users, and facilitating change requests with the broader team using a defined change management process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 3-4 years related work experience and/or training
- General knowledge of automated testing tools, quality assurance best practices, and SQL queries
- Strong attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results
- Strong experience in eliciting, defining, analyzing and documenting business and user needs in the form of business, functional, non-funtional requirements, size, complexity, priorities, and risks
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with technical and non-technical people
- API and real time functionality experience preferred
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong Project Management and technology skills
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills are essential
- Proficiency in Jira and Confluence
- Ability to drive the fit gap analysis
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.
FLSA Status: Exempt