Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle Software Engineers will write code, test, launch and support large scale development projects. At times they may interact directly with internal and external clients to help brainstorm and create technical solutions to business problems.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Solve global Merkle problems through the careful application of technology and process.
- Write quality, tested, high-capacity, and maintainable software.
- Design modern, reliable, and reusable systems.
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Write technical specifications, runtime instructions, training materials, and architecture documentation for HelloWorld systems.
- Help develop best practices and technology efficiencies to streamline work flow.
- Collaborate with multiple HelloWorld teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems.
- Maintain pre-existing code-base to further the development direction of HelloWorld.
- 2-5 years of experience in software coding
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and debugging Node.js is a plus
- Experience programming with OOP is a plus
- General web-related technology such as HTML, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, modern browser rendering and security models, server and network security, performance analysis
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- May have experience with Java, C#, PHP, Perl and/or Python
- May have experience with Apache, Squid, HAProxy, or Akamai
- May have experience with Linux systems administration
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt