Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle P&LS Software Engineers design, code, test, document, and support the technologies that drive our business. Our developers are responsible for owning and delivering on all aspects of our technology projects. Exceptional critical analysis skills, a talent for understanding big picture concepts and ability to work both with teams as well as independently are requirements.
- Solve global Merkle P&LS problems through the careful application of technology and process.
- Write high quality, tested, high-capacity, and maintainable software
- Design modern, reliable, reusable systems
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks
- Write technical specifications, runtime instructions, training materials, and architecture documentation for Merkle P&LS systems
- Help develop best practices, technology efficiencies, and streamline workflow
- Collaborate with all HelloWorld teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of professional programming experience
- Proficient developing solutions in Java and SQL (PostgresSQL)
- Experience creating automated tests
- General web-related technology awareness of TPC/IP, SSL, XML, HTML, CSS, modern browser rendering and security models, server and network security, performance analysis
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- May have experience with C++, Python, PHP or Perl
- May have experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- May have experience with Linux systems administration
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt