Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Technical Business Analyst acts as the liaison between the client, managers, and technology development team. They translate technical and business needs to respective recipients. They also identify and interpret technical and business needs and document as appropriate. We are looking for an individual whose nature is to be self-organizing, collaborative and proactive.
- Aggregating requirements in a technically astute manner utilizing inputs from the manager and technical teams
- Documenting technical requirements as stories in Jira, and obtaining estimates for completion
- Organizing stories into sprints based on feature prioritization and team capacity
- Ensuring work across the team is aligned to meet expectations for deliverables
- Answering requirements questions raised by the team and updating documentation accordingly
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by involving the right personnel
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of documentation procedures, programming procedures/methods, and program flow charts
- Expert knowledge of System Analysis and Workflow Management
- Ability to understand complex database systems
- Excellent organizational & time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work with diverse group of professionals in close cooperation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain business and technical requirements to 'non-technical' team members
- Responsive to questions, concerns and requests
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to identify new, different ways to use our existing technology and processes, and also how to leverage new tools and technology
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set (Jira specifically) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets to determine trends, establish strategies, and make decisions
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt