Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Reporting into the Program Management team of the Information Technology division , the Scrum Master is responsible for making sure a Scrum team lives by the values and practices of Scrum. The Scrum Master is often considered a coach for the team, helping the team do the best work it possibly can. The Scrum Master does anything possible to help the team perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and doing things like working with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint. We are looking for an individual whose nature is to be self-organizing, collaborative and proactive.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to meet defined objectives
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile
- Guiding and coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guiding and coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of resolving conflict
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictation
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and managing the product backlog
· B.S. desired
· 3-5 years scrum master experience
· 5-7 years project management experience
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
· Experience with the Atlassian tool set (Jira specifically) and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred
· Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt