Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle Senior Account Managers work proactively and collaboratively with our Business Development, Project Management and Strategy Teams to provide our clients with long-term strategic value and customer service. As a day-to-day partner with a Merkle sales professionals (VP, Business Development and Account Director), Senior Account Managers ensure high-quality and flawless client preparation and presentations, research and promotion solutions that drive results for clients and revenue for Merkle.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Works on large strategic account and is responsible for their own booking account targets as part of a team
- Serves as the designated Merkle client contact for identified client contacts
- Acts as day-to-day Merkle account lead on client projects
- Actively participates in client presentations
- Supports Merkle sales professional in revenue generating activities: prospecting, client research, promotion ideation, scoping, documentation such as contracts, invoicing, etc.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Merkle products and solutions, documentation, internal scoping and production processes
- Builds brand expertise, creates and maintains best practices for named clients
- Pre and post-sale research and presentation generation
- Promotion reporting and analysis with supporting team members, i.e. Business Development, Strategic Services, Project Management
- Attends and/or leads internal meetings and client meetings
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience: Account Coordinator, Marketing, Media Planning, Production, Client or Sales Role
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation and risk management skills.
- Self-starter with ability to independently manage client relationships and programs
- Sharp attention to detail
- A collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work cohesively.
- General familiarity of the current customer centric landscape and technologies in order to best exploit the capabilities of Merkle products and services
- Excellent writing, grammatical and proofing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Basic strategic and analytical skills
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt