Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices.
For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Account Director will own the client relationships, revenue goals and serve as interactive promotion expert for Merkle. They will be responsible for managing and coordinating all client activities with the corresponding Merkle Business Development, Account Services, Project Management, Strategy, and Development Teams, as well as working with those teams to provide the client with long-term, strategic value and customer service. They will also manage a group of Account Directors. They possess the ability to prospect, close business and to sell ideas based on clients stated business objectives. They also continually grow/strengthen client relationships and build networking possibilities.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating the overall roadmap and plan for Business Development, Project Management and resourcing to support client’s business
- Forecast partnership potential and set revenue goals
- Maintain ongoing sales pipeline and track sales based on goals set
- Work closely with client to ensure that corporate brand, marketing and business objectives are being met
- Ensure both Merkle and client are working together optimally to foster growth of each other’s businesses
- Actively consult and provide client with ongoing creative and strategic recommendations to help support their business
- Serve as the client advocate inside Merkle to ensure that all Merkle teams have the necessary information to scope and complete a project, on schedule and on budget, which includes client program goals, product knowledge, best practices and content
- Effectively communicate and support Merkle’s Business Development and Project Management team process and documentation
- Continuously manage and set both internal (Merkle) and external expectations
- Share Merkle expertise, knowledge, and capabilities within client and with their core partners
- Collaborate with multiple partners, vendors, and agencies to facilitate any partnership opportunities
- Monitor and track client’s performance objectives for all their existing initiatives to ensure program goals are being met/exceeded
- Maintain working knowledge of research products, industry trends and competitive set as they relate to the client’s business
- Focus on building strong, in-person client relationships through regular contact
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- 7-9 years of experience in marketing, client services or strategy fields
- Proven track record for directly driving revenue
- Excellent client management, expectation management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- Background in interactive digital marketing
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing, grammatical and proofing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, relationships and tasks simultaneously
- Extreme attention to detail
- General familiarity of Internet applications and technologies in order to best exploit the capabilities of our products and services
- Experience in web-related production
- Proficient in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Managerial experience is a plus
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt