Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Solutions Architect will play a critical role in managing the on-boarding of new customers as well as facilitating the roll-out of complex technical features for existing customers in our Promotions & Loyalty Services group. As one of the main points of contact for our most strategic accounts, this is a highly visible role with significant ownership. This person will have considerable influence on the future of our product by acting as the voice for their clients.
- Design and lead the implementation & deployments of Enterprise Architecture and retain ownership for the overall application architecture and technical delivery of our cloud based SAAS platform for sophisticated, multi-channel, enterprise customers. (25%)
- Consult with solution architects, IT Services and delivery teams, aligning solution designs to the defined future state, identify opportunities to modify/mature the architecture to accommodate changes across multiple technical projects and/or implementations simultaneously (5%)
- Lead alignment and governance across the various architectural domains and internal cross-functional teams including Engineering, Client Success, Strategy and Product Management. Advise leadership about industry best practices, trends, and technology, influencing the overall IT strategy (25%)
- Establish and document the technical goals, strategy and deep-dive technical capability appropriate to mitigate unknowns in a complex interconnected projects or system by working closely with Lead technical resources from client teams and manage external technical vendor relationships on the client's behalf (25%)
- Identify and provide documentation and recommendations for mitigation and resolve technical challenges of any issues and risks associated with requirements, proposed systems, solutions, development, designs, plans and timelines faced throughout deployment process (10%)
- Perform technical architecture, system analysis, and requirements analysis to determine project requirements to ensure projects are clearly scoped, architected, tested, delivered on time, and positioned for long-term success (10%)
You have a technical background and have been client-facing for the past few years. You have done considerable integration and API work. You enjoy and have the patience for working with non-technical people. You’re ready and excited to take on complete ownership of client engagements.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related technical field required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience with Software Development projects
- Some experience in marketing solutions and services (MarTech)
- Demonstrated experience in technically leading enterprise software development projects
- Strong analysis skills, ability to evaluate customer requirements and modify existing solution
- Experience in documentation techniques to communicate complex integrations (UML, Data Flows, etc)
- Experience integrating systems using RESTful and SOAP based Web Services, HTTP
- Ability to integrate systems using data feeds and flat files utilizing XML, fixed and delimited formats
- Experience on Agile teams
- Experience in integrating with email like Oracle Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Experian, and Cheetah Digital
- Experience in integrating with CRM systems or Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Experience in SQL data modeling, data loading and data analysis; strong RDBMS (MySql, SqlServer or similar) and analytical databases, like Amazon Redshift
- Experience with Ruby, .Net and or Java development is preferred
- Track record of ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Some knowledge in eCommerce and Loyalty marketing is preferred
- Ability to understand complexity and communicate in a meaningful manner to our client
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.