Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Work with CSS Preprocessors, such as Sass, to create modular CSS
- Use responsive web design to provide an optimal experience across all devices
- Work on an Agile team with Project Managers, Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Specialists, and Designers to ensure each project meets the client requirements and goals
- Identify, troubleshoot, and document browser/platform compatibility issues and standards
- Work alongside clients, vendors, or offshore partners to ensure project delivery
- 3-5+ years of experience in professional Web Development
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors such as Sass, LESS, or Stylus
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience creating responsive websites for any device size
- Experience with writing automated tests or Test-Driven Development a plus
- Working knowledge of build tools such as Gulp, Webpack, or NPM
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Comfortable using a Unix command line interface
- Proficient Adobe Photoshop skills
- Excellent time management, planning, and prioritization skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofing skills
- Experience working on an Agile team a plus
- Professional manner and collaborative approach working within a team
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.