Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Senior AEM Developers will write code, test, launch and support large development projects in Adobe Experience Manager. At times they may interact directly with internal and external clients to help brainstorm and create technical solutions to business problems.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with tech leads, front end developers, back end developers, QA, business stakeholders, and project managers to design and build a front end experience in AEM
- Help coach a team of off-shore developers
- Coordinate with clients through IM and email on current and upcoming sprint deliverables
- Quickly understand and be responsible for a complex codebase and the relationship between AEM front end, AEM back end, middleware, and various APIs
- Build modular front end AEM components using HTML5, CSS3/SASS, ES6, Sightly templating language that are WCAG 2.1 compliant
- Modify and enhance existing core and custom AEM client libraries, build tools, and components
- Diagnose and design / implement solutions for user-reported issues
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 3+ years working with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Experience working with editable page templates and policy definitions in AEM
- Experience creating custom components in AEM
- Experience managing content in Adobe’s DAM
- Experience authoring content in AEM
- Experience working with author, publisher, and dispatcher configurations
- Experience developing enterprise solutions with Apache Sling
- Experience creating automated tests
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- May have experience with Apache, Squid, HAProxy, or Akamai
- May have experience with Linux systems administration
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.